Did you know that ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) is being phased out? Although it’s been an integral part of all our communications for nearly three decades, BT has recently announced its decision to retire the system over the next few years, with the aim migrating all users to a new platform by 2020.
Whereas ISDN has been a loyal servant, compared with modern alternatives, it is a costly system that relies on dedicated data center space, expensive equipment and extensive wiring. For businesses that are nearing the end of their current ISDN contracts, now is the perfect time to upgrade their telephony to a new, state-of-the art, alternative.
Here are the options:
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) relies on a broadband connection to deliver both voice and data services over a single channel.
– Flexibility: offers almost unlimited telephone numbers and locations
– Scalability: readily scale up or down the number of channels
– Reliability: SIP trunking will improve your business continuity
– Cost savings: by consolidating both voice and data traffic onto a single line
Cloud PBX (Public Branch Exchange) is an Internet-based service where all routing services are performed by a cloud-based VoIP provider as opposed to a physical, locally-housed PBX system.
– Simplicity: no need for complicated, expensive equipment
– Consistency: connect every call without lagging response times or delay
– Mobile integration: work anywhere and on any mobile device
– Advanced features: interconnection between email, voicemail, instant messaging and video
– Lower costs: no up-front investment and low maintenance costs
For more information on Cloud PBX and SIP, and to find out which offering is more suited to you, why not give one of our friend customer service advisers a call on 0808 301 4691.