The Recruitment team at Chess struggled to track vacancies requested by leaders throughout the business while also tracking potential candidates that may be suitable to the open positions.
Members of the team were aware that their process could be improved. It relied on verbal communication and spreadsheets, taking away from the time they could spend engaging with jobseekers and future assets to the company.
The team’s productivity suffered. They needed a quick, cost-effective solution that could be accessed and monitored by everyone.
To address the process challenges, the Recruitment team required:
- An application to add and amend current vacancies within the business
- An application to record and update candidate profiles
- Collaborative and shared content with communication features
- Ability to tie recruitment functions together within a single, secure workspace
The Recruitment and the Development teams worked together on the features meeting the above requirements. By collaborating the two teams got the applications up and running incredibly quick with minimum alterations and changes throughout the process.
- Vacancy tracker application created using Microsoft PowerApps and an Azure SQL database
- Automation of emails using Microsoft Power Automate
- Enhanced reporting dashboards via Microsoft Power BI
- Storage for all information, files and interactions using Azure SQL databases and Microsoft SharePoint
With the ability to move away from spreadsheet-based recruitment, the recruitment team became more efficient and accurate – just in the first year Chess saved £57000. The team now can track vacancies and candidates collaboratively and most of their time is spent searching and engaging with the best candidates.